There are very few people on this planet that don’t enjoy waffles. They are one of the best breakfast foods you can have. Recently I have talked to some athletes that wish they were able to have a more diverse breakfast then egg whites, a cup of fruit, and some sort of protein. It gets boring. Well, I’m here to save the day. I am going to give a couple awesome recipes for waffles that will make getting to eat waffles on a diet possible again.
We still get a high amount of protein and a good amount of carbs to get you going in the morning. You need a waffle maker, obviously.
Meal Type: Breakfast
Recipe Type: Real Food
Prep time: 00:05
Cook time: 00:05
6g of fat, 25g of carbs, 21g of protein
1/4 tsp Baking powder
1/2 scoop of Whey protein, either French Vanilla or Unflavored
1/4 cup Quick Oats
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 cup Skim Milk
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
Combine protein powder, oats, cinnamon, and baking powder in small bowl. Set aside
Combine egg, milk and applesauce. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
Bake in preheated waffle maker for approximately 2 – 3 minutes
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Waffles
The new Cellucor Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavor is BOMB. NO, I am not sponsored by them. I just love their product. Strait up magically delicious! So of course I had to make protein waffles out of it! When I first started IIFYM, I was really into making protein pancakes… until I got a waffle maker and my life was changed forever–so much quicker, so much easier… I mean they are pancakes, but with abs! 😉
Meal Type: Breakfast
Recipe Type: Sports Fuel
Prep time: –
Cook time: –
– 1 scoop (35g) cellucor chocolate chip cookie dough protein powder
– 1 tbsp (7g) coconut flour
– 3 tbsp (46g) egg whites
– a dash of baking powder (about 1/2 tsp)
– dark chocolate chips (I used 4g and chopped them into smaller pieces)
– stevia to taste
– water to desired consistency (I like mine fluffy so I don’t use a lot)
1. Heat up waffle maker.
2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl except for the water and the chocolate chips. Add water to desired consistency.
3. SPRAY waffle maker and pour in batter. I usually get two waffles out of this recipe (1 big and 1 small).
4. When the waffles are done, top with chocolate chips and enjoy! I also add 0 calorie butter spray and syrup.